Recognizing the signs of sleep apnea is crucial for seeking timely intervention. Common symptoms may include:
- Loud and persistent snoring
- Episodes of choking or gasping during sleep
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Morning headaches
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering
- Irritability or mood changes
- Frequent awakenings during the night
If you suspect you have sleep apnea, it is important to consult a healthcare professional. Diagnosis typically involves a sleep study, which can be conducted in a sleep center or in some cases, at home.
CPAP Alternative: Oral Appliances
For some individuals, Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy may not be the preferred or most effective treatment option. In such cases, oral appliances can be a viable alternative. These custom-fitted devices are designed to help keep the airway open during sleep by positioning the jaw and tongue in a way that prevents obstruction.
- Comfortable and easy to wear
- Portable and convenient for travel
- Quieter and less obtrusive than CPAP machines
- Suitable for mild to moderate cases of sleep apnea
Determining the most suitable treatment for sleep apnea depends on various factors. A thorough evaluation by a qualified healthcare provider will help determine if an oral appliance is the right choice for you.
If you suspect you may have sleep apnea or if you have already been diagnosed and are exploring treatment options, please contact our Buford Sleep Apnea dentist to schedule a consultation. Our experienced team is dedicated to helping you achieve restful and rejuvenating sleep.